Thyroid Disorders Community
Thyroid Ultrasound Results
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Thyroid Ultrasound Results

I recently got my thyroid ultrasound results back and am a bit concerned because I'm not exactly sure if the results are as normal as they have indicated.  The findings are: the size of the thyroid gland is within normal limits.  right thyoid lobe measure 4.8cmx1.4x1.1 and the left 4.6x1.5x1.0cm.  isthmus measure 0.2cm.  the echogenicity of the thyroid gland is diffusely heterogenous.  the vascular flow within the thyroid gland is symmetric and slightly increased. in the mid left thyroid lobe, there is a nonspecific 0.3x0.3x0.2cm hyperechoic nodule. in the superior right lobe, there is a nonspecific 0.2x0.3x0.3cm hyperechoic nodule. there are several prominent ovoid hypoechoic nodules inferior to the left lobe of they thyroid gland.  the largest measures up to 0.8cm. thse do not clearly contain fatty hila, but likely represent prominent lymph nodes. in addition, there are a few benign appearing lymph nodes in the left neck.
impression:
1. diffusely heterogeneous hypervascular thyroid gland, consistent with patient's hashimoto's thyroiditis.
2. two tiny nonspecific hyperechoic nodules in the thyroid gland
3. at least three ovoid hypoechoic nodules inferior to the left lobe of the thyroid gland.  these do not clearly contain fatty hila but likely represent prominent lymph nodes.  these may be reactive in nature.  however, recommend follow-up ultrasound in three months in three months to insure stability or resolution.  

I am wondering if I should request a biopsy or something in regards to the lymph nodes because I'm not exactly sure why I would need to have another ultrasound done in three months.