Thyroid and HC
Hi, I am on compounded thyroid (half grain ) twice daily and I take HC (2.5 mg)in the morning. Doc actually ordered 10 mg of cortef daily but i get this generic HC. I cannot tolerate it, so I am only taking 2.5 mg.( i get water retention a lot and acne with HC) I have fibromyalgia and My TSH was 3.5 and I am still symptomatic. Waiting for my new blood work.

My question is, I seem to loose some face swelling if i take thyroid with HC and if i dont take HC, my face is swollen. Does this happen to others. Is HC necessary for thyroid absorption? I dont feel any difference in tiredness or brain fog or other problems. Doc said it would take time to feel any difference. Is that true? what difference am i supposed to feel?

Another question is, Is there a difference between bio-identical cortef and generic HC. Do people get more side effects with generic?

Thanks for your help?