Thyroid and Shoulder Pain
Is there a link between shoulder pain and the Thyroid?
I get neck and chest pain. Ear pain, too. If the goiter is big enough it might cause shoulder pain. Also, if a thyroid disease is causing your vitamin D levels to drop - severe muscle cramping! Not fun.

:) Tamra
I should mention that I have a thyroid goiter caused by Hashimoto's.
:) Tamra
Is it possible to have a goiter you cannot detect? I am having the unfortunate situation of having to self diagnose. I have been to dozens of doctors, have Grave's and Hashi's in my family- and have lots of health problems. Last year I had a shoulder surgery that has left me in more pain. I am wondering now if I may have a thyroid problem, undetected. I have posted a few times within the past couple of days. I finally have an endo appt. scheduled. I too have ear pain, neck pain, shoulder pain and chest pain. I don't notice any protrusions though in my neck.
I should mention that the shoulder surgery was probably unnecessary. I was complaining of pain and the Orthopedic doctor I went to admitted to me after the surgery that he was looking for reasons to do the surgery when there really weren't too many (not in those words of course). I was really upset when I heard that. This was of course when I returned in more pain than ever.

He claimed I was suffering from a type II acromion bone and tendonitis, which I think could have subsided. I am guessing the surgeon was just trying to make money off of me and I was desperate and in pain. Anyhow, I thought I would add that information just in case you were wondering.