Thyroid and ringing in ears
I have had ringing in my ears for around 10 years now.  It has been getting worse every year.  It has become extremely piercing, painful, and debilitating.    It was caused by hearing loss, loud noises and during the last 2-3 years, I had been very ill with different upper respitory infections.  
I know my adrenal and thyroid are out of whack.  Can this make the ringing worse.  How can i control it.  
Ear ringing is a symptom of Thyroid problems. Usually more related to too high of thyroid or Hyperthyroid but can also be associated with low thyroid or hypothyroid as well.

However if caused by loud noise trauma that is physical damage I think and i don't know what can be done about that.

I would recommend that if you believe your adrenals and thyroid are suspect to have them tested.

As for Thyroid make sure you get the Free T3 and Free T3 hormones tested.  make sure that they are testing for the "FREE" hormone and not "total".  Total test is outdated and little value because it counts all the hormones found including the portion which is unusable by the body.  Once a hormone molecule gets attached to a protein it is useless.  thus only the unbound or "free" hormone remaining is used by the body. So it i precisely these you want to know.  Be insistent with the Dr to get these.  Many if not most Dr's will resist and only run TSH.

TSH is a screening test at best and is NOT adequate to determine overall thyroid condition.  Although that is what they seem to teach the Drs in medical school.  Disregarding significant amount of research that indicates that belief to be false.

I too have ear ringing and have had it all my life.  By blood work shows that I am low in the reference range and because of that the Dr's won't treat me.  Even thought I have several other mild symptoms that are also consistent with being low thyroid.  I just wanted to mention that my ear ringing the only thing I can attribute it to is low thyroid as I have been  pretty careful my whole life to protect my ears and hearing from loud noises.
Thank you for the great information.  The loud noise is what caused it, but, I believe the thyroid is making it worse.  I have a lot of stress in my life, and keep gaining a muffin top like I have never experience.  I know my cortisol level of very high.  
I will take what you said and pass it on to my doctor.  
There could be a chance it is from your thyroid.  Or it could be from the body reacting to the thyroid hormone you are putting in there.   There are a few of us that report this is our #1 symptom.   I am told that once my levels are okay, the ringing will be better.

You could check your hormones, but also get your hearing checked and maybe your dr. will do an MRI of your ear drums to either find that as suspect or rule it out.

Despite my ears blaring, I have perfect hearing.  During the standardized hearing test I scored a 100 but my ears ring like locusts.