Thyroid Disorders Community
Thyroid and tremors

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Thyroid and tremors

Test resluts indicate Hypothyroidism yet my symptoms are Hyper.  I struggle to gain weight.  160 cm in length and weigh 44 kilograms.  I sruggle with muscle weakness, sore throats and most of all often feel verrrrry cold and have tremors that from time to time become worse than before.  

I use 125g of Armour Thyroid a day together with 0.5 mg of Thyroxin per day.

Is there anything I can take to lesson the tremors?

Many thanks
Why are you on 2 T4 meds?
I dont think taking thyroxin with Armour is wise as the Armour already has a T4 med in it and you are taking T4 as well (thyroxin).
Is there any reason for this?
Usually you are one or the other.
All you are doing by taking thyroxin is to 'boost' the Armour.
And that in itself would cause symptoms as it could elevate your FT4 which then converts to T3...hence the tremors..
Thanks for your comment.  I was told I need Armour Thyroid for my T3 levels as that was very low.

Was told test would be repeated in 3 months time.

At time I feel very shaky, clammy and sweaty as well with bouts of shivers as if I am cold all the time.

I was feeling very lethargic and not well on just the Throxin.  My eyes are puffed up kn the morning with lots of water retention even when as thin as I am.  I force myself to eat as I just have no appetite at all.

Is there anything I should suggest to my dr.  

Thanks sooooo much for your response.
Have you tried taking and also taking Cytomel?
Synthroid as you know is T4 and Cytomel is T3.
Armour was banned here in Australia because of its inconsistancy with T3. Some levels were uneven 'so to speak.
So Docs here would rather have you take an 'even' dose of T3 everyday (Cytomel).
Although Cytomel is short lived in the system so they recommend you take it a couple of times a day.
Talk to your Doctor about this. See what he/she says.
Personally I think you are having 'cross-over ' symptoms...that your T4 isnt as high as it should be but your T3 is higher than it should be.
I may be wrong but maybe taking the T4 med with a T3 med would be your better avenue.
We all searvh for wellness and this is one of those times when the meds you are on are not giving you that wellness so maybe time to try another way of doing things.
Let us know how you go.
sorry was supposed to read.............Have you tried taking Synthroid and also taking Cytomel?
Have you tested for adrenal malfunctioning?