Thyroid calcification
I am a 30 yr old female and was diagnosed with Hashimoto's in 1999.  I have been taking levothyroxine for the past ten years.  I have been treating with my family dr. until recently when he referred me to a specialist due to high antibodies found during routine lab work.  My specialist ordered a thyroid ultrasound which showed some calcification on the right side of my thyroid.  All of my other levels were within normal range and the nurse said there were no nodules or cysts.  Due to the calcification, I am now scheduled for a fine needle aspiration biopsy next month.  Everything I've read relates to nodules and calcification but apparently I have no nodules.  Is this possible?  I have never had anything other than blood work measuring TSH and other levels so this is all new to me.  I am very concerned and it is scary to read everything that is out there.  Just about everything I've seen points toward cancer.  Thanks for any advice, information and/or positive stories.  
Coarse calcification is not sign of the cancer; calcification in the nodule can have 22% chance of cancer.But honestly I never heard about calcification not associated with nodules. if calcified area is not palpable, I would recommend high resolution ultrasound and CT scan which can show the shape of calcium deposits.
I specifically asked the nurse if there were any nodules or cysts and she said no.  Just some calcification.  She did not describe it, however, other than stating it was on my right side.  I am very worried and it is going to be a long 5 weeks before I find out what is going on.  Thanks again.