Thyroid gland removal - confusion
Hi.

I'm 31 years old. When I was 17  my isthmus was removed due to some nodules. Now the echography shows nodule 26/10/20 at right and nodule 31/21/23 at left. I was told by the doctor that I easily produce nodules so my gland should be totally removed. The results from the scintigraphic radioactive iodine test show adenoma hyperfixata sinistra and the diagnose is struma nodosa. I was told the nodule is hot. I've made blood test twice and I was said the T3, T4 and TSH ranges are normal/TSH 0.3-4.0;  FT4 9-24 and FT3 3.5-7.0/.  I am confused with all these results and I don't understand if my hormone's level are normal why they want to remove my gland to make the function abnormal and to chain me to a replacement treatment for life long?
Please post your TSH, FT4, FT3 levels, not just the ranges.

Also, has the doc tested TGab and TPOab to see if Hashimoto's is causing these nodules? Are you on any thyroid hormone now? Hot nodules are usually flagged to be removed, but how big are these nodules?

:) Tamra
That is what's written on my last test sheet:
TSH 2.6 mlU/L       0.3-4.0
FT4 13.4 pmol/L     9-24
FT3 4.6 pmol/L       3.5-7.0

I haven't tested TGab and TPOab, what's this?
I don't take any hormones. The dimensions of the nodules are in my prev. post.
The problem is that they want to remove the whole gland, not only the nodules.
anti TGab and anti TPOab are the anti thyroid antibodies that attack the gland and cause the nodules .

Do you have  any symptoms ?
There are some others who have had hot nodules and I'm sure one of them will be along to answer your questions in depth soon.