Thyroid grow back
I had my Thyroid removed by radiation 35 years ago.  I was put on meds and was tested every year. three months ago my test started coming back that I was getting to much thyroid. my doctor has been  readjusting my meds andretesting and it it is still coming back with a high reading. Is it possible that the thing is growing back>

Thanks Kat
It's possible, but it is more likely that your body is changing and your doseage requirement is changing as well.

A very easy way to find out if you have active thyroid tissue is to have a Thyroglobulin (TG) test run. You would also need to have a thyroglobulin antibody (TGab) test run.

If the TGab is negative, and the Tg is above 0.5(? not sure), then you have active thyroid tissue. I'm not sure what they consider the threshold for TG in a patient with no thyroid, so 0.5 may be incorrect.

They're blood tests that any doctor can order.
I had a throidectomy in 2007.  After four month of having it removed I felt great and back to feeling normal again.  In September 2008 I gave birth to my second son and ever since then the triedness has come back.  In the last week I am getting the same symptoms as before havingbeen dignosed with greaves diease.  I have had blood test done which says my levels are normal but what is the changes its growing back without the bloods showing it.