Thyroid issues, Menstrual issues, and Sex
I'm wondering if my thyroid problems are likely the main culprit to bleeding after protected sex.....???
I'm currently hyperthyroid (overmedicated for hypothyroid treatment), had rough sex 2 days after finishing my period, and have been bleeding for 3 days now (much like a light period). The bleeding came maybe half a day later, not right away and it went from pink/red to brown.  I spot occasionally (two weeks before my next period), but I'm worried that the bleeding has lasted too long and that i could be pregnant or have a mass on my cervix or something.  AH!
(no other symptoms)

Anyone have the same problem + thyroid issues?
thoughts please?
To answer you; Yes.

I was hyper for many years undiagnosed and I would bleed often after sex. BUT having said that, I also had an ovary with a vein which was the diameter of a thumb instead of a hair. So I suggest it wise for you to go and get thoroughly checked.
Ovarian cysts are notorious also for bleeding and many hypo and hyper patients have them.
See your gyn and get it checked out.
Cheers!
I agree with redheadaussie, ovarian cyst/fibroids/polps can cause bleeding after sex. I had "bleeding cysts" on both ovaries, fibroids, and uterine polps. I would suggest going to the GYN to get checked out. I've often wondered if since the thyroid is the "main" gland..if it being messed up doesn't cause other growths.
ok, thank you very much for the advice.  
this is very frustrating.
i had a lot of bleeding after sex before so i went into the doc's office and he was convinced i was pregnant (i wasn't). he didn't make any other recommendations. every time it happened since then i fear i have implantation bleeding.  but i know something else must be happening.  
i'll get checked out.  thanks.