Thyroid level of 4.11 and feeling really crappy
I've been feeling pretty crappy for a over a year now. No energy, tired all the time, etc. I started seeing my doctor about the problem and he of course ordered blood work. My blood work showed signs of insulin resistance and since diabeties runs in my family he pretty much said I'm gonna get it, its just all in when. He put me on Metformin and Byetta. Within 3 months of being on those meds my triglycerides jump to well over 200 (they were low in the normal range before the meds). I stopped the metformin on my own cause I had a thought it could be that doing it. As soon as I dropped it I had another blood test within a couple of month of stopping it and my triglycerides came back down again. I just had more blood work today because of my lack of energy and just to see what my sugar is doing. Everything came back good even my sugar. The doctor was happy but I was a bit concerned with my Thyroid still. My level was 4.11 which according to the result sheet was within the normal range but on the higher side. I feel crappy, tired and basically the only way I get energy is by drinking a redbull and even then I'm still yawning. I'm wondering if anyone out there had a thyroid level close to mine and having the same symptoms and if their doctor put them on anything and if it helped. I'm out of ideas as to why I'm having the issues I am esp now since the bloodwork isn't really showing anything. My doctor did have my b12 level tested to but that result isn't back yet. Any ideas??
With TSH 3.5 (more hypo side, "normal" range) I felt really tired, sick, I was diagnosed with Hashimoto thyroiditis.  You need to check anti-thyroid antibodies TPO and anti-Tg, also should see free T3 and free T4. Perhaps you have anemia too, you should check VitB12 (already done), folic acid, transferin, ferritin and iron in serum. Also should check for serum levels of Na, K.
I also have had borderline raised TSH at 4.6. Since then it has been all over the place and is currently on the rise again. I have felt really ill with it, and the docs don't listen. It is the people here who have the best knowledge and will tell you that even at 4.11 you may really be getting thyroid symptoms. Ask your doc to retest and do a full thyroid panel. I have also just had my B12 checked too for Pernicious Anaemia but it came back normal so it looks like it's down to the thyroid. Hope this helps.
Your right. my mother in law is the nurse at my doctor's office and she said that my doctor might want to do some more tests. With my symptoms and my bloodwork coming back saying that, it was the only thing that made sense that could be wrong. I wanted to work out so bad today so I had a redbull and I know thats not healthy for me but I needed something to give myself a little kick. I'm hoping that my doctor can see that somethings going on.
When my TSH was at 1 I felt "normal" again, what I used to feel like before i got dx with hypothyroid. My TSH was at 3 around 4 weeks ago and I felt like garbage all over again. i have heard if you are hypothyroid and you have really bad synptoms, its beneficial to keep your TSH at 1 or below. My doctor said I was within normal range and didnt offer to change my dosage, so I uped it myself from 1.25 to 1.375 by splitting my pills and guess what, I FEEL GREAT AGAIN.

Not that I reccomend altering your dose on your own, I just did it cause i felt like *** for too long.

My TSH is 4.19
I have felt pretty "crappy".I was taking my meds improperly (with coffee or food)and had generic Synthroid instead of the brand Synthroid. i now take my meds at 5:30 am and don't have anything to eat or drink for at least an hour. It's been a week and this morning I feel great. I'll get retested in a few weeks to see if my TSH comes down. But what a difference!
Hi again, I also forgot to say that my doc didn't put me on anything when my TSH was 4.6 because it keeps swinging high like that and back down to low. It depends on your doc whether they will treat it at that level. He may want to see it has stayed high by retesting and then he might start you on treatment. But don't give up whatever you do, I  have had to fight and fight and fight to be heard.
Hi, just a little update. I went to my Dr today and he wasn't worried about my thyroid even though I told him how tired I am all the time. He said he was more concerned with my B12 level. He said being only 28 my B12 shouldn't be 281. So hes giving me B12 injections and put me on a multi-vitamin for women. Meanwhile I got home from the Dr's and was so tired I took a 4 hour nap lol. I'm hoping this works but I can see myself going back to him in a couple of months.