Thyroid Disorders Community
Thyroid mass

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Thyroid mass

I have a solid mass 1.7 X 1.5 in the right thyroid gland. FNB was done and I am awaiting results. Could anyone give me inforamtion about what I need to expect?
Tabby, have you had thyroid bloodwork? Please post it if you do.TSH, FT3, FT4, TGab and TPOab.

I don't know if you have Hashimoto's thyroid disease, which usually causes these masses. Do you have any symptoms? Dry skin, constipation or diarrhea, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, neck swelling that comes and goes, heartburn, GERD, pain in joints, feet, depression, anxiety, unable to sleep or sleeping too much?

The results should come back within a week. Waiting is the hardest part. If it does turn out to be thyroid cancer, it has a VERY high cure rate as the cancer tends to be isolated in the thyroid gland.

Take care...
:) Tamra
I had a TSH which was normal and TPO antibodies which was 15. For some reason my endo did not do a  T3 and T4. Been having pain in the back of the neck but thought that maybe I was sleeping wrong. It just scared the daylight out of me when several people looked at the ultrasound and they said solid mass. I was hoping that it was cystic since I heard that they are usually not cancer. The word cancer can scare you. I appreciate you response.
My TSH was 'normal', too, but standards are changing and they need to be lowered! My TSH was 2.74, which was fine according to labs, but many endos now recognize over 2.0 as hypo.

You didn't get the TGab test? You are missing an antibody test. Only one has to be positive for you to have Hashi. Also, few people will have negative antibodies but a thyroid ultrasound will determine Hashi. What were your FT3, FT4 labs?

Mass is a scary word. I don't know if it's cancer, but you should know that thyroid cancer has a HIGH cure rate.

:) Tamra