Thyroid medication and Cholesterol connection?
  Pretty sure I know most of the reason for my cholesterol numbers changing but just in case there could be a connection to the medications I'll ask....

April '09 my cholesterol numbers were nearly spot on to what the American Heart Association wants them to be.  Since then I started Synthroid and then switched to Levothroxin and my Cholesterol numbers changed considerably.  What I need to know is, Does thyroid medication change Cholesterol numbers?  Could Synthroid change them one way and Levothroxin change them the other way?  There is a timing connection with the medication and the cholesterol numbers which is why I'm asking.
Thyroid ( low) function changes the cholestrol levels. Not the medication.

In a sense if your not doing as well on the Levothyroxine as you did on the SYnthroid
( ie: fillers causing the malabsorbtion of the med) then Yes.. that med would pose issues.

I don't think it does because i have thyroid and i eat and live a highly healthy lifestyle but my chloestrol is 6.4 which is very high. I feel and have researched that cholestrol is part of having thyroid, but the choletrol can be controlled.
I agree with Stella...being hypo causes cholesterol to rise, not the meds.  Once meds are adjusted properly, cholesterol numbers should fall back to pre-hypo levels.

You might want to post your latest labs so that members can comment on how they look.  Don't forget to include reference ranges.  If your FT3 and FT4 levels are not adequate, you will have lingering symptoms, and high cholesterol is a symptom of hypo.