Thyroid Disorders Community
Thyroid,nodules

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Thyroid,nodules

I have 7 nodules .I am worried about this result in the ultrasound.In the  lower pole of the left lobe is a nodule 2.2 cm.This is isoechoic with the remainder of the gland with a peripheral halo representing a solid nodule.In NM thyroid Uptake W/123 the result was no defined cold nodule.
                                      What Do you think?
                           thanks
Did the nodule have vascularity? The only thing the uptake test tells you is if the thyroid is actually working or not. A hot nodule is still using iodine, a cold one is not working at all. If the nodule is solid, it is of no particular concern and is only 5-15 % chance of it being cancerous. If you have vascularity, calcifications or irregular borders, then your chances of cancer increase. If there are any other indications in the ultrasound, please list them, and I might be able to help you more.
thanks ,my ultrasound says that left lobe of gland measures 4.8 x2.0 x 1.5.It is diffusely heterogeneous. again seen is a dominant solid nodule within the mid pole measuring 2.2x 1.5 x 2.0 cm.A stable complex Cyst is seen within the upper pole of the left lobe measuring 5 mm.Also seen is a stable solid nodule within the lower pole measuring 6 mm.The thyroid isthmus measure 5mm..
     Impression; Normal size thyroid gland with heterogeneous echotexture and bilateral solid nodules .Findings suggest of multinodular goiter. The prior sonogram said : 1. multiple thyroid nodules and dominant nodule in lower pole of the left lobe.
                       I have a biopsy on tuesday, I am very nervous.
                      Thanks for your help
Many of us have "multinodular goiter" and there's nothing to worry about.  

Goiter is simply a swollen/inflamed thyroid.  I, personally, have several nodules on my thyroid and they only need to be watched.  

Best of luck with the biopsy; try to relax...........and do let us know what the results are.
Thank you.
I went through the same thing in Sept. my multi-nodular goiter was a little larger than the measurement you posted. My fnb was inconclusive and my goiter continued to grow while on synthroid. I had it removed in Oct. Good luck with your test! Let us know how it goes for you.