Thyroid Disorders Community
Thyroid supplement with regular thryoid meds

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

My question is. I am currently on armour a little over 2 grains a day. I was looking at a thryoid supplement called thyax it has vitaman B's and selenium, magnesium and two amino acids L-Tyrosine and L-Phenylalanine. I heard these two amino acids are good for hypothroidism. Has anyone taken a supplement like this and has it worked for them.
Yes I take a similiar supplement package.

The B's are super important. The package you list above does have good supps, but what are the doseages of the vits and minerals.

Hypothyroidism will deplete the system so much that something that has minimal dosages are just a tease for us.

I encourage you to google the "Fatigue to Fantasic" supplements available from Enzymatic. Recently I swtiched over to that because I got tired of swollowing all those pills.

The supplement package is "packed" with the most important things for metobolism and thyroid support, and the dosages are top on the list of amounts we need. You won't believe all the good things in there. I have no thyroid, and I haven't felt better since supplementing.

In addition to that package, which is a drink ( most absorption) I also will add in EmergenC - 2x's a day for detox and adrenal/immune health.

I will look into that. I will have to check and see how much of the vitamins are in the thyroid supplement and if it is worth taking. The only thing I did see that might not be good is it had kelp in it which has iodine and I have heard that you shouldn't intake iodine since we get it in our foods.
Do you take the supplements in addition to medication?