Thyroid Disorders Community
Thyroid support meds

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Thyroid support meds

Diagnosed underactive 1989, (41year old lady)- for last 10 years have still felt underactive even though bloods indicated i was slightly over medicated with thyroxine.  Was taking 100/125mcg alternating-but my G.P suggested i should try Higher Natures-Thyroid Support medication(TSM).  I started this in June with the above dose of thyroxine.  

In August following discussion with my G.P i reduced the thyroxine to 100mcg and started taking 2 TSM.  I have felt full of energy,  lost weight, mentally alert, no headaches or light sensitivity, sleeping better. The best I've felt for years.  But following blood tests a couple of weeks ago, when my TSH came back 0.03 (the lowest its been in the past for me is 0.1) and T4 19.4(similar to previous readings)-i was advised by another GP to decrease my thyroxine to 75mcg-she didn't really want to know about the TSM.  

The G.P who originally advised the above apparently has moved on- i'm now feeling lost because i've lost that support and am frightened of feeling like i've felt for yrs by heeding the advice of a G.P who isn't listening to how I feel.  I haven't just decreased my dose to 75mcg, instead ignoring the G.P's advice I have decreased my dose 3 days to 75mcg and 100mcg the other 4 days.

I hope i'm not doing any harm!  Also i'm worried about the long term use of TSM.  Any information support desperately welcome.  Thanks.