Thyroid Disorders Community
Thyroid ultrasound
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Thyroid ultrasound

This is long but here are my ultrasound results which I can't figure out.  This is the third year I have had an ultrasound of my thyroid following up on nodules.
Diagnosis:Thyroid inhomogeneity.

The bilateral thyroid lobes and the thyroid isthmus have stable hypoechoic inhomogeneity compared to 10/07 and 10/06 and consistent with possible thyroid goiter.
The right lobe is 3.7 cm long, 1.2 cm ap, 1.7 cm wide.  the left lobes is 2.7 cm long, 0.9 cm ap, 0.7 cm wide.
The mildly inhomogeneous hypoechoic mid right lobe sonographic nodule with posterior acoustic enhancement is 9mm long. 6mm ap, 8 mm wide compared to 8mm long, 7mm ap, 6mm wide on 2007 and 7mm long 6 mm ap, 6mm wide on 2006.
The mildly hypoechoic inhomogenous right thyroid lobe lower pole sonographic nodule is 8mm long, 7mm ap, 6mm wide, compared to 10mm long, 5mmap, 5mm wide on 2007.  and 9mm long, 7mm ap, 6mm wide on 2006

The midline to right lateral thyroid isthums has hypoechoic inhomogeneity corresponding to 2006.  Thyroid isthmus hypoechoic inhomogeneity is apporoximately 7mm  long, 2 mm ap, 6mm wide.

The medial left thyroid upper pole currently demonstrates a hypoechoic 2 mm long, 2mm ap, 2 mm wide sonographic nodule which may or may not have been partially obscured by partial volume averaging artifact on the prior studies.
Several smaller sonographic right thyroid lobe nodules have apparent increased conspicuity from suspected partial obscuration on the 2007 and 2006 studies.

My TSH was 1.7.

Any help would be appreciated.  I have a phone apt with endo  but not for another month.
thanks

Related Discussions
“Thyroid inhomogeneity”. –this means that the tissue is not uniform due to nodules resent
The reason for comparison studies; the hypoechoic nodules are believed to have elevated risk for malignancy, especially if they are growing rapidly. The normal rate of growth should not exceed 15 % per year for two sizes. For example the normal change for 10by 10 by 10 mm nodule should be10by 11.5 by 11.5 mm next year
The bilateral thyroid lobes and the thyroid isthmus have stable hypoechoic inhomogeneity compared to 10/07 and 10/06 and consistent with possible thyroid goiter. [in this case goiter means that nodules are present HOVEVER THE OVERALL THYROID SIZE IS NORMAL]
The right lobe is 3.7 cm long, 1.2 cm ap, 1.7 cm wide.  the left lobes is 2.7 cm long, 0.9 cm ap, 0.7 cm wide. [normal –small size]
The mildly inhomogeneous hypoechoic mid right lobe sonographic nodule with posterior acoustic enhancement is 9mm long. 6mm ap, 8 mm wide compared to 8mm long, 7mm ap, 6mm wide on 2007 and 7mm long 6 mm ap, 6mm wide on 2006.[normal growth rate]
The mildly hypoechoic inhomogenous right thyroid lobe lower pole sonographic nodule is 8mm long, 7mm ap, 6mm wide, compared to 10mm long, 5mmap, 5mm wide on 2007.  and 9mm long, 7mm ap, 6mm wide on 2006 [it got smaller]

The midline to right lateral thyroid isthums has hypoechoic inhomogeneity corresponding to 2006.  Thyroid isthmus hypoechoic inhomogeneity is apporoximately 7mm  long, 2 mm ap, 6mm wide. [stable]

The medial left thyroid upper pole currently demonstrates a hypoechoic 2 mm long, 2mm ap, 2 mm wide sonographic nodule which may or may not have been partially obscured by partial volume averaging artifact [possible inflammation] on the prior studies.
Several smaller sonographic right thyroid lobe nodules have apparent increased conspicuity from suspected partial obscuration [cannot comment on this its too academic]on the 2007 and 2006 studies.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank