Thyroid
.I had my thyroid removed on Oct 9th started my synthroid 100mcg Oct 15th...was fine up until Nov.17th..then it was awful..constant all day anxiety attacks..pounding heart,chest pain,nausea,vomiting,diarrhea, shakey, hot one minute,freezing the next, muscle twitches and while this is all going on having to urinate every 15 minutes..thought I was dying. finally last night Nov 28th went to ER..was told my TSH was 19.4 , called my endo doc and she said that meant I was hypo...confused because all my symptoms point to hyper. Can you offer some suggestions and shed shed some light on this?
I know when you have your Thyroid removed, you always go Hypo, and during the weeks after suffer from Hypo symptoms, unless he is over medicating you, there is no reason to have Hyper symptoms without a thyroid, I doubt you would hold a residual amount of Free T3 for that long of a period, since it normally runs out in 8 hours, maybe you are having some sort of negative reaction to the Synthroid. They should do a test for Free T3 and free T4 and not rely on TSH alone to figure out what is going on. Your TSH is definatly too high. Hormones can go crazy and cause all kinds of symptoms, but get those tests done asap, and you will know exactly where you stand, Good Luck FTB4
thank you so much for replying. My Endocrinologist is running my T3 and T4 on Monday Dec 3rd. Apparently there is some other hormone test she is wanting to run as well based on my symptoms. I will post on here what it is once I find out, so maybe if anyone else ever goes through this they will know what to ask for. Due to the nausea etc I have now lost 5lbs in 2 days. No fun and I wouldn't wish this on anyone.
Don't forget to request a copy of those test results, you have a legal right to request them, then post the results here with the reference ranges provided for each. Then Members can advise and give you an explanation based on the results, Take Care and Good Luck FTB4
Do what ftb4 says. Do not rely on tsh. That is only a part of the tests.
T3 and T4 also.
And stop seeing a fricking endriconologist
They think they are gods. I went to 3 of them. Pulling my hair out for over 3 years trying to get it right after i had my thyroid killed.
I told them my family all has thyroid problems and none of my family can take the meds YOU want to give me. None of them would listen to me.
I also told them that they would have to give me 5mg sup of T3. Oh crap no way they told me 99.9 % of people convert.
Well i stopped seeing an endo dr and got my thyroid under control from my reg family dr. And I'm doing fine.  Tsh, T3, T4. Are all within normal range.
And i take synthoid  and cytomel (t3) 5mg.
I was taking armor as it is the only all natural thyroid med available. But the pharmaceutical companies, stop making it whenever they want and i ran out
A bunch of times.
All else is man made.  
I will never go back to an endo doctor. They think they know everything.
well seen the endo doc today...she is running a TSH,T4 and a stress hormone level tomorrow morning. she absolutely refuses to do a T3..claiming it is unreliable and unimportant and only if I were taking some types of medications would I have problems converting the T4 to T3. Grrr this is all so very frustrating. She also insists that the nausea and constant anxiety attacks have nothing to do with my hormone levels. I know this isn't true because I have read other peoples accounts of what happened to them post thyroidectomy!!
Do yourself a big favor and find another MD, Good thyroid md's always refer to Free T3, and symptoms, and any md that states what yours did is not realistic and will only keep you in misery, Anxiety and depression are  DefinateThyroid symptoms, it takes long enough to get optimal with thyroid, do not extend misery and ill health listening to this clown! She is totally off the wall. How can anyone with medical training state that Free T3 is unrliable! It is T3 that your body needs to function, and anyone that disregards it is an IDIOT.  Sorry you have to go through this, but many here have had experiences with practicing lunatics also. Post a question to "gimel" requesting a good Thyroid MD in your location, I beleive he has a reference of good mds in some areas.  Best Regards FTB4
thank you so much...I found it all not only ridiculous but highly frustrating as well!! I will look and see if I can't find a better doc in my area.
Maybe you can post this MD's name and location, this way any members in the area can avoid her, and not waste the time with a quack. Thanks and Let us know how you are doing and if you locate another MD. Good Luck FTB4