Thyroid Disorders Community
Thyroiditis, Pregnancy, and Very sore neck- Help!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

A little medical background, as it might be necessary to see the whole picture here.
I am 28 years old, have had an appendectomy and hemicolectomy (At age 20, due to a non-reoccurring carcinoid tumor of the appendix- this my be TMI, ignore it if you don't know what it is), and am otherwise healthy and active.
I have two little girls, and am 39 weeks pregnant with my third.
About 3 months or so after my second child (May 2010) I developed Thyroiditis, in only the form of hyperthyroidism-
(I found it actually common for women to get hypothyroidism after pregnancy, or a oscillation between hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism, but just having an incidence of hyperthyroidism as an incidence of postpartum thyroiditis wasn't particularly common) and it took me a month of self research and examining my own blood tests and nagging to convince my general practitioner to refer me to an endocrinologist (as he definitely had no idea what was going on). I saw an endocrinologist and she and I tracked my TSH, T3, T4, etc levels, until the symptoms went away and my levels when back to normal.  I haven't had any issues since. (Note- I do believe I had my antibodies tested- i.e. for Hashimotos- but they all came back negative- this Endocrinologist seemed to know here field and checked everything!! Note though, I was breastfeeding so I did not do an ultrasound, and it meant I would have to have radioactive iodine)
Now, fast forward- When i became pregnant with my third (currently) I had my thyroid levels checked- something I did myself. (What I mean by that is I had my midwife order the test and I checked the numbers myself to see if they were in the normal range) Everything looked fine, including all my other nubmers (iron, CBC, etc)  (May 2012)

At 39 weeks, after having a nasty little cold about 2 weeks ago (at 37 weeks), the back of my neck began to ache when I swallowed, coughed, sneezed (not my throat, my NECK!!)  My neck is very stiff and hard to move, and it could easily be just the way I'm sleeping, or my higher hormone level, or some combination.. BUT given that moved a year ago, the next time I could get in with one of the local endocrinologists is something like 7 months, I am a bit desperate to eliminate these symptoms as something that would be indicative of some sort of thyroid issue.  Has anyone experienced anything like this? Pregnant or not?  I do not have a fever, I can touch my chin to my chest, I have been a little more tired than normal (but I AM 38 weeks pregnant ;), and my thyroid does seem a little swollen- but admittedly, I would be self diagnosing that (and it hasn't been swollen before)- Also, my glands under my jawline have been mildly inflamed (like when you have a cold) .
I'm going to have another thyroid test done to look at my own number next week, and most likely force my way into an endocrinologists office after I give birth (probably after 3 months unless I have a set of recognized symptoms earlier than that), but right now I'm leaning toward being very anxious and irritable because of the pain and the unknown- and although I haven't seen anything on Thyroiditis being detrimental to the child, there is always that to worry about too!!!!!
Any ideas?