Thyroid Disorders Community
Thyroids

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Thyroids

I had a internal ultra sound done and they found a 2cm and 4cm (tumour) and was told they were thyroids are they harmful and are they easy to get rid of. Kind regards                                      Marie.
Are these actually "tumors" or are they thyroid nodules?   Your thyroid is an organ in your body, just like your heart, lungs, etc.  It produces hormones that you need to stay alive, so unless it's malfunctioning, no, it's not harmful and again, unless it's malfunctioning, you don't want to get rid of it.

Can you give us some more information?  Like - what caused your doctor to order the ultra sound?  Have you been diagnosed with a thyroid issue, such as hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Graves Disease, etc?  Can you provide results for your latest thyroid blood work (TSH, FT3, FT4 and antibodies if done), along with the reference ranges from your lab report, since these vary from lab to lab?  
Sorry - they have said that I have an over active thyroid, but what they told me about the tumours was that the growths in my womb could be fibroids. I have been suffering from abdominal pain and bleeding for quite a length of time, and my doctor referred me to the hospital. When they did the ultrasound, they discovered the tumours, but couldn't confirm if they were cancerous or not. I have since had biopsies taken and blood tests to determine if they were cancerous. The blood tests came back normal, however they said they did not have enough tissue to complete the biopsies. I am wondering how reliable, or accurate, the blood tests are, in that if they are normal how likely is it that I could still have cancer. What I am also trying to determine is if they do prove to be cancerous, what is the risk to myself if I have a hysterectomy, and how successful is this kind of treatment? The issue of my thyroid has been put to the side, so to speak, until they have resolved the tumour situation.
I'm getting ready to get offline because I have to get up really early in the morning, but I saw your post and am totally confused....  The thyroid and the womb are quite a ways from each other in the body -- thyroid being in the neck area; womb being in the lower abdominal area.......

Sounds like you might have 2 separate issues?  Maybe an overactive thyroid, along with fibroids/tumors in the womb?  

Please tell us where the ultra sound was actually done -- your thyroid; or your abdominal area.