Timeline on methimazole
New to the forum and new to Graves. I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of how long you take methimazole prior to seeing any results? I have been on it for 3 weeks and I'm not sure if anything good is happening yet. My main symptoms include; heat intolerance, hot flashes, night sweats, loss of fine motor skills, trouble sleeping and possibly arrhythmia/AFib though my endocrinologist and cardiologist disagree on this point. I have seen some weight loss, but that wouldn't be a bad thing if that was the only symptom. Thanks
"How does Tapazole work? What will it do for me?

Methimazole belongs to the class of medications called antithyroid medications. It is used to treat hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid gland). It prevents the thyroid gland from over-producing thyroid hormone, but does not interfere with the actions of thyroid hormone. It may take weeks to months before methimazole has its full effect on the symptoms of overactive thyroid (e.g., palpitations, sweating). During this time period, other medications may be used to control these symptoms."

Excerpt from C Health - Tapazole