Thyroid Disorders Community
Tingling and numbness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Tingling and numbness

Has anyone ever experienced tingling and numbness from Hashimoto's?  I am currenlty getting it off and on especially in my hands and feet.  Is this normal?
I have Hashi's and I get cold fingers and sometimes numbness on the bottom of the toes and ball of the feet, Sensitivity to cold is also a symptom, I am not positive it is caused by Hashi's but I assume it is, I have heard of other members here talking about the same symptoms. Good Luck FTB4
I have Non Hasti's Hypothyroidism and after reading Mary Shomon's book~ Living Well with Hypothyroidism.. I found that not only was Carpal Tunnel but Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome (feet) can be a complaint of thyroid disease. Burning, Tingling, Weakness, Achiness and Numbness. According to the article adjusting your levels could relieve it.

I have suffered for years with my feet on and off but I'm ready for it the next time it flares up because I have gained knowledge". Here is a article you can read for yourself to those interested. http://www.thyroid-info.com/articles/muscle-joint-pain.htm
According to one of my doctors, there could also be a lack of calcium when you feel tingling sensations in your extrems.  You might have it checked.
Hi, I too get a lot of tingling and numbness, I gather it can happen with thyroid problems, but I get it with Sjogren's syndrome too. It's hard to know which causes it.
I've been tested for Vit. D and Caluim and I'm fine. However, that is a good place to start!