Thyroid Disorders Community
Tinnitus Synthroid Armour?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Tinnitus Synthroid Armour?

Hi All - Just recently switched from Synthroid to Armour due to the intense tinnitus that came on about 5 weeks into my Synthroid treatment. Been suffering for months and wondering if anyone has experienced this and saw a change with a natural medication?

I'm 6 days in to Armour. The first 3 days were almost MIRACULOUS! As the days go on, I'm noticing the ringing getting louder again...

Is this proper progression or do y'all think maybe I'm not getting enough of what I need (And maybe had enough synthroid in my system the first 3 days to keep me stable)?

Really hoping that someone who's gone through this could share their experience with me...

Any advice would be great. I'm 29 years old and losing my mind... Getting new tests in 5 weeks.... :-\
Avatar n tn
Wanted to see how your tinnitus is?   I too am on 100mcg of Synthroid and have horrible ringing in my ears.  My endo does not think it has anything to do with my thyroid.  Please let me know if the Armour ended up helping your tinnitus.
Thanks you!
Did you ever cure your tinnitus? If so, what worked for you? I had my thyroid removed in January 2016 and two weeks after my ears started ringing all the time and have never stopped.
Tinnitus is a common symptom of hypothyroidism.   It is likely that your med/dosage is not adequate to raise the levels of your biologically active thyroid hormones, Free T4 and Free T3.  

Do you have any other symptoms?  What is your med and dosage?  Please post your thyroid related test results and reference ranges shown on the lab report.