Too much Cytomel
I was diagnosed with low thyroid a year ago and was put on .75mg Synthroid and .025mcg cytomel. a few months ago I was feeling horrible again (hair falling out, dry skin, exhausted) and then started putting on weight. It turns out, my tsh levels are off the charts and T3 is too low to even measure. My doctor took me off the cytomel last week. I am a fitness and diet instructor and have put on four pounds this week. I have reduced my calorie intake to dangerous levels but I am still putting on weight. I am starting to lose my mind a little bit and need some help! How can I keep the weight gain at bay until the cytomel leaves my system? What can I do to keep the weight off when everything I know (diet and exercise) don't work? How long until I should start feeling normal again?
what is off the chart number level. 25 of cytomel is such a high dose i would be hyper in two days- and how can your t3 be low with all that cytomel?  can you post your labs with reference ranges/  there are many knowledgeable people on this board but your labs with reference ranges are needed to comment.   stay calm you will get your levels under control and your wt will get better. try eating your last meal earlier and nothing from 5pt on and just see if it works- it did for me.  labs and numbers if you can please.
Please post your most recent lab results, along with the reference ranges, since these are lab specific.

Was that T3 a free or total?  Total T3 is pretty much obsolete now; you need to have Free T3 and Free T4, along with the TSH.

Why did your doctor take you off the cytomel if your FT3 was low? Were you taking the whole dose of cytomel at once or did you split it between 2-3 doses/day?  

Don't lower your calorie intake that low - you aren't doing yourself any favors. I was like you at first -- no matter how little I ate, I continued to gain!!  Talk about discouraging!!   I found that once my levels got back in line, I am now able to lose weight again, though I do have to be careful of what I eat and make sure I get plenty of exercise.  

Don't give up, you can get there.
Hi everyone! Thanks for your help. I am happy to say I am much calmer. I have just returned from vacation so don't have access to my labs until Monday. While on vacation I went and had a BMR test done. It turns out my body burns 821 calories/day, so that is the minimum I consume per day. Mentally I am better as I now know how to keep the weight gain at bay until I am healthy again. I am seeing some improvement since being off cytomel (which I took once per day in the morning). I was so overwhelmed in the doctors office I may have misheard some of the information he presented to me. When I get my labs I will post them and hopefully someone can shed some light on the situation. I only weigh in once per week now instead of everyday to stop the mental beating I was giving myself! I am sleeping somewhat better, so that is good. I do miss food, though! Lol! That is just whining as I get to eat a lot, it is just very low calorie, nutrient dense food. Thank you for your responses. I will post again Monday.