Thyroid Disorders Community
Too much cytomel?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Too much cytomel?

My Cytomel was slowly increased over time to 5 mcg per day. I take 1/2 pill in the morning and 1/2 at 3pm.  I've been on the whole 5 mcg now for several weeks and I feel great but I'm sweating ALL THE TIME.  Night sweats like crazy.  I know I"m 43 but is this a side effect of too much?  Everything is else great. Feel great. No more hair loss. No more muscle aches.  I'm living in a perfect post TT world here and now my life is one continuous hot flash!  Had labs done yesterday so I'll know next week what the numbers look like but I was just wondering if this was a side effect.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Many hormonal issues can make you sweat. You should get a good workup of your hormones, estrogen, adrenals, etc...A good way to see if it is Cytomel is to skip your PM dose once and see how you feel. Or maybe take it at noon, rather than three.

:) Tamra
Blank
I was wondering how you are supposed to space it out.  My doc told me to take the whole thing in the morning but when I do that I don't feel so great. So, I just decided that 3 would be a good time.  I take the first half between 7-8am, when's a good time for the other half?
Blank
499534_tn?1328707778
The rule of thumb with Cytomel or any T3 med is 5-6 hrs after first dose. But, some people also take dose in the morning and dose in the evening. It is really up to you and how you feel. You should wait at least 5-6 hrs after your morning dosage though.
T3 meds don't stay in your system long.
What is most important is how you feel.  :)
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank