Total thyroidectomy/synthroid/now itchy rash
Hi. I had a total thyroidectomy 10 days ago due to a nodule on my thyroid found to be papillary cancer.  I have been taking Synthroid as of the day after the surgery.  I noticed 4 days later that I have a really bad rash on my back, sides, hips, arms & breasts.  The rash is red, raised & very itchy.  The rash area becomes very dark as it heals & there is a large amount of dry skin that forms.  It is also spreading.  I have been putting hydrocortisone on it & have been taking Benadryl, it seems to help the first areas heal but not stopping the spreading.  I am scheduled to see a dermatologist tomorrow but after reading up on it I feel as if I might just be waisting a co-pay.  Seems that many have been told its not the Synthroid but only started getting the rash after taking it.  This is my case.  Is there anything I can do to get rid of this rash??  
Are you on an antibiotic or did you get thru IV a long-acting antibiotic ?  Just a thought on the rash ?

I'd keep the Derma appt .. they are really good as skin issues ...

C~
I believe I received an antibiotic through the IV.  Hadn't thought of that. I will keep the appointment tomorrow.  Hopefully they can resolve my itching.

Thank You!! :)
I ask about the antibiotic bcz my friend who had knee replacement (she also shares kidney stones with me on another board) had same thing happen and was from IV antibiotic of all things!!!

Let us know .. will look for update!

Also, if you have any odd moles have him take a look ... 6mos after my thyroid surgery I had a mole grow a "tail" in appearance and turned out to be Melanoma and had it looked at only on a hunch in that it was typical melanoma appearing!  I am ok .. very early Stage I and top layer only and gone with 2" scar done cosmetic.  So now I preach MOLE CHECK is as important as Thyroid Check.

C~