Trouble swallowing and ear pain
About 5 days ago, I felt what I thought was the start of a cold/sinus infection. I had trouble swallowing and a bit of an ear ache. It then progressed to my voice becoming hoarse (this comes and goes) and my thyroid area feeling very tender. it also felt like there was somthing stuck in my throat.
The symptoms lasted for about 1 week....I still have some discomfort, hoarseness and ear pain.

I have an appointment with my doctor in 7 days, but I'm VERY worried about the possibility of thyroid cancer.
Should I be proactive and go to the emergency room?
Could it simply be an inflammation? I am severely Hypothyroid and have been for over 10 years.

Thank You
do you have acid reflux Gerd.... cause that can cause you to have inflammation in that area and also the hoarseness and feeling like something stuck in your throat...I know thats how i get when my acid reflux is messing with me
I have never been diagnosed with it. I have also been under a TREMENDOUS amount of stree recently. I had considered GERD, but the ear ache made me lean more toward my thyroid issue.