Thyroid Disorders Community
Tsh is <.01 thyroproxase antibody 367 how bad is this?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Tsh is &lt;.01 thyroproxase antibody 367 how bad is this?

I'm concerned. After everything I have read, I'm confused and concerned. Free t3 was normal range. I am in remission with follicular lymphoma. I have severe muscle cramps at night. My heart races very fast, feels at times it's going to jump out of my chest. Also, I have fatigue. Due to my history, my dr has been giving me B12 shots a couple times. I take estradoil daily, b12 and vitamin d. I have an ultrasound tomorrow on my thyroid my dr felt a lump .i have gone thru chemo twice so it's possible the chemo messed me up! Do I need to react to this?
Tags: Thyroid, Thyr
Sorry about your troubles,

Your hypothalamus and pituitary work together to control how much thyroid hormone your thyroid makes.  And the hormone that it uses to control the thyroid is TSH (Thyroid stimulating hormone).

Low TSH like that usually means hyperthyroid, your pituitary thinks you have too much thyroid hormone. One can still be 'in range' and have unpleasant symptoms.  So even though your t3 is normal, it may be too much for you. Thus the racing heart, and fatigue.

Two common reasons for hyperthyroid with low TSH is

Most common, graves disease (basic autoimmune disease). This is treatable.
Less common, a hormone producing 'hot nodule' in your thyorid. Treatable by removal. These are never cancer.
Very uncommon: Hormone secreting carcinoid.

It's quite possible that your thyroid problems are unrelated to your lymphoma.
Your high TPOab indicates that you have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis.  Hashimoto's is an autoimmune disease in which the body sees the thyroid as foreign and produces antibodies to destroy it.

While Hashimoto's is most commonly associated with hypothyroidism, it's often characterized by periods of hyperthyroidism in early stages.

Nodules are very common with autoimmune thyroid disease and are usually nothing to worry about, though some of them can leak hormone independently of the thyroid. You might talk to your doctor about a beta blocker to slow down your heart rate.

What was the actual result of your Free T3?  Did you also have a Free T4?  What result?  Please include reference ranges with any results, since ranges vary lab to lab and have to come from your own report.

Are you on any type of thyroid medication? If so, what med/dosage and for how long?

Let us know how your ultrasound turns out.
Thanks,
T4 1.3 range 0.8-1.5
Tsh <0.01 range 0.35-4.00
Top ab 367.5 range <5.6

That's what my labs were. My dr called after my ultrasound today and told me my thyroid was very enlarged and it appears I have hashimoto and hyperthyroid. He has ordered a nuclear scan and offered a high blood preasure med for my heart racing. Then he told me I should only have symptoms for no more than a month. He was calling an endo dr to find out if I needed more blood work done and will let me know tomorrow. That's all I've got so far.
Okay, so you didn't have a Free T3 test done? How did your doctor know it was fine, if he didn't order the test?

Is the T4, free or total?  It appears to be free, but if your report doesn't specify, then it's total. Your level is quite high and it's understandable that you'd have symptoms.

What was your doctor basing his statement on, that you should only have symptoms for no more than a month?

Swelling and inflammation of the thyroid are common during a Hashimoto's "flare" and can be somewhat uncomfortable.  Did your doctor order any medication or make suggestions for that?

Is the blood pressure med, a beta blocker?

If it were me, I'd feel more comfortable having him just send me to the endo, rather relying on second hand information.
It was free T4 and it was my mistake I didn't have a t3 test. Yes it was a beta blocker. My dr called today he spoke with endo who is requesting nuclear thyroid scan. I'm having more blood work done today as well. And yes my dr said I should only have symptoms for a week and I have no clue where he got that from!  After the scan I will request to see the endo dr. If you have any advice I'm willing to listen! Thanks
Okay about the T3; just wanted to make sure I understood what tests you had.  I understand that your doctor would think your FT4 is "fine", simply because it's in range, but it's apparently, too high for you. We're not all the same and we don't all need the same amounts of hormones.

Do  you know what blood tests were being done today?  It's getting late in my world, so I'm hoping you have had the blood work and maybe got a look at the lab order?

I can only assume that your doctor thinks you're having a hyper phase of Hashimoto's; he can't be sure that will only last a week; some hyper phases last much longer, but for your sake, I hope he's right.

Hopefully, the beta blocker will get your heart rate under control and you will begin to feel better

Have you had potassium levels checked?  Low potassium can cause the muscle cramps you mentioned, as can low calcium, magnesium or dehydration.  Those of us with medical conditions: diabetes, or nerve, liver or thyroid disorders are also more prone to them....  There are stretches and massages you can do to help alleviate the cramps.  One of my "go to" remedies is a few ounces of warm water with a tablespoon of vinegar and a teaspoon of honey.  This can also help relieve acid reflux. I also keep a tube of Aspercreme on hand, as rubbing that into the affected muscle(s) often helps relieve it. Running either warm or cold water over the affected muscle(s) might also help. Cold usually works better for mine, but not always; I just have to "experiment" to see which it will be.  Of course, you should talk to your doctor before trying anything, particularly since you've had the lymphoma.

How often does your doctor give you vitamin B12 shots?  Have you actually had levels tested?  I have to do my B12 shots on a weekly basis in order to keep my levels high enough to feel well; I have Pernicious Anemia and don't absorb oral B12.  
Thanks for the help. I had a nuclear iodine scan. I'm hyper it shows. I see the endo dr next week... And No cancer! Woo hoo! I believe that was my fear.
Oh, what a relief that you do not have cancer.  Hope the appt. with the endo goes well for you.