Type 2 hypothyroidism.
Hi.  I recently read an article and based on the symptoms think that I may have type 2 hypothyroidism.  Where can i go and how can I get tested for it?  Also if it turns out that I do have type 2 hypothyroidism, what is the treatment as I have a fear of swallowing pills and would actually like an alternative to the normal treatment.  thanks for any help.
Hypothyroid is tested for using blood tests.  Dr. should also manual palpate the thyroid gland for enlargement/nodules.

blood tests are TSH, FT3, FT4, and thyroid antibodies tests.

If you suspect a problem request testing.  Make sure that they test TSH, FT3 and FT4 (not T3 or T4).

Unfortunately the only treatment if you really do have hypothyroid is a pill to replace the thyroid hormone that your thyroid is not making.
Vitamin D levels should also be tested, along with a general physical.  Dr. may also do some general screening including CBC, liver and kidney function, lipid profile, etc.
Type 2 hypothyroidism is also called "thyroid hormone resistance".  With THR, TSH, FT3 and FT4 levels are "normal", but there is resistance to the use of the thyroid hormones at the receptors on the cellular level.  In the case of THR, the thyroid can be perfectly normal, so standard testing will not reveal the problem.  However, it is a rare condition and often caused by a genetic mutation.

Have you had FT3, FT4 and TSH tested to confirm you don't have type 1?