Ultrasound Soft tissues of the Neck
Hi there,

Can some give me some advise?   I am very worry, here is my Ultrasound results:

Right Thyoid Lobe:  The right thyroid gland measures 5cm x 1.6cm x 1.6cm.  In the mid thyroid lobe is a complex solid and cystic structure measuring 0.7cm x 0.8cm x 0.8cm.  this dones not have focal increased flow.   In the inferior right thyroid lobe is a nodule measuring 1.9cm x 1.1cm x 1.2cm.  This has increased vascularity peripherally and centrally.  there are tiny hyperechoic foci which many may be microcalcifications or possibly inspissated colloid without comet-tail artifact.  The thyroid isthmus is thin.

Left thryoid lobe:  The left thyroid lobe measures 5.1cm x 2.1cm x 1.9cm.  In the mid left thyroid lobe is a complex cyst measuring 0.8cm x .03cm x 0.5cm.  this has cystic as well as solid internal components.  In the inferior left thyroid lobe is a complex cyst measuring 2cm x 1.9cm x 1.4cm.  Increased through transmission is seen.  On color Deppler examination, there is no evidence of increased flow centrally.  No left-sided lymph nodes are appreciated.

Right Neck:  Lymph node measuring 2.1cm in lengh x 0.5 cm is seen,  On sonographic criteria, this is not enlarged.  Second lymph node measuring 0.9cm in lengh x 0.2cm in anterior-posterior dimension is seen.  this is indeterminate   there is a loss of the central echogenic complex.    

Thank you for your time.

God Bless.

my email address: ***@****

Angel
I think they are going to suggest that you get the right side removed as it is suspicious. The left is not but given that you may have an issue in the right, you may want to just remove it all at once, treat it and then take replacement meds. I had a friend that just removed half and ended up having to remove the other half anyway. Discuss this carefully with your doctor as well as taking care of your parathyroids. I had two surgeries and more damage was done to my parathyroids.

You have to think about what is right for you if you want both sides out, but the right side looks like it should go, just based on my layman's read.
898
The thyroid surgery is not a horse, so don't jump onto it:)
Have biopsy done first, make sure it is ultrasound-guided starting with the nodule with possible microcalcifications ; CT scan should be able to dicriminate calcifications from colloid.
The biopsy of lymph nodes is recommended.