Thyroid Disorders Community
Update on my healing

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Update on my healing

Okay a little over two months on synthroid, I know right well two months to me was like forever. I am not cured or anything. I am now losing my goiter. I am very emotional, in a good way. The fifty lbs of pressure on my head, well it felt that way has gone down to 10. My skin is getting oil on it, My joints are becomming unstiff. I feel almost human again. I am on xanax for the time being. I don't know if its helping or not since my body is moving finally., I am still doing vitamins etc. Now strengthening my stiff joints of 29 years. I am going to see a therapist for awhile and work out my issues. I know I am going to have rough day days. My voice is super horse by the way. Its going to be a long way. But I am healing . I couldn't believe on a small dose either 50mg!  Oh by the way I am crystal clear. All day long. Thanks I am sure I will have more questions to come. Thanks med help merry xmas
Wonderful that you are doing so well now and on the road to recovery, yes it takes a while, but it does happen .

I always muse that thyroid is (relatively) so easy to treat and having it treated properly makes such a huge difference to quality of life...., so why does it have to be so hard to get it diagnosed for so many people.....

Have a wonderful Christmas.
Thats exellent.Glad to hear your feeling a little better.It still amazes me everyday how much our thyroids can screw us up or make us the feel the way we have always knew was possible.Have a great Christmas.
Make sure you journal this down - and compare it to your labs.

You need to find your magic number to maintain well being and it sounds you are getting close.

You need to journal this stuff daily Cynnie.
Thanks Stella! Mud and super sall:)