Vascular? What does this mean?
I went to Endo #2 yesterday and I liked him much better than Endo #1....got to shop around!!  Brief background:  I was diagnosed with a rare form of Superior Laryngeal Neuralgia.  I've been taking many meds with no success and in a soft tissue MRI they picked up a 1.2 cm nodule on the same side (left) that I'm having my problems.  These consist of pain, shortness of breath, sensation of an object in my throat, etc.

My thyroid bloodwork with sed. rate was all within range.  The US showed the 1.2cm nodule which is solid and several other smaller nodules.  One of the bigger, smaller ones has calcifications, which I know can be not good.  What I don't understand is he kept saying my thyroid was VERY vascular.....lot's of blood vessels.  I guess this can be a sign of inflamation, yet my sed. rate was low.  He also made a comment that a vascular thyroid was usually hyper.  I have all the symptoms of hyper but again my bloodwork is normal.  Can anyone shed some light on my vascular thyroid?  I'm also having a biopsy on Fri.
898
Vascular thyroid is usually present in early steges of Grave's disease; no other reliable data so far.