Vitamin D Level is 13
Saw my doctor today who told me my Vitamin D level is 13 and that it should be above 50.  She gave me some Vitamin D pills to take last weel, but I can't swallow pills so i'm taking the Flinstone Vitamins.  My question is if I take 1 Flinstone Vitamin a day plus drinks lots of milk and eat foods with a lot of Vitamin D and get outside more how long will it be before I notice a difference?  Cause right now I have a lot of muscle pain and just achness and other problems I eblieve are related to the low Vitamin D.
You would need to see what the actual amount of D is on the bottle, I do not think kids vitamins will work for you, the reason you lack in D is because thyroid sufferers seem to have an absorption issue with nutrition, so depending on getting these vitamins naturally are not going to work for you, if they did, you would not have a vitamin issue to begin with. If you cannot take the Vitamin D's because they are too large, Kirkland brand, sold by Costco has one that is D3  2000 units and is a very small gel-cap, if you make up the dosage your MD gave you, it should work for you. The other alternative would be to ask your MD for D injections. Low Vit D levels do cause muscle issues, and it would be good for you to take Magnesium Glycinate too, but they are big tablets. Good Luck FTB4
What if the levels are low because I don't go outside a lot?  Cause judging by doctors demeanor she doesn't seem to think its cause by my thyroid and I guess if I can't get my levels up I will have to do the injections cause I can't swallow any pill.
You can try, it would be direct sunlight for 15 minutes each day,that is what is claimed to be exposure time to get your daily requirement. I am sure there are alternatives, Do you have a health food store or General Nutrition Store near you, they may have D in a liquid or powder form, which you could add to a drink or food. Were you diagnosed with any thyroid issues, because thyroid does cause an issue with absorbing Vitamin D.
Regards FTB4
I had my Thyroid tested by my Cardiologist about 3 months ago, cause he thought my Thyroid may be causing my Tachycardia but the test came back normal,  And I won't be able to check the health food stores till next week cause i'm really busy with school.