Thyroid Disorders Community
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO TAKE NATURAL THYROID MEDS?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Hi everyone. What is the best way and time to take natural thyroid? Also I would like to share with you that it seems I was having a terrible reaction to the "reformulated Armour" I spent a few days NOT taking it and all my muscle and joint pain went away. I attempted to take 1/2 a grain again and began aching in the evening! Not to mention the run down feeling. I finally met my Endo. He was not aware of the Armour change.....but was pretty upset about it. He would not give me the Canadian Med. but was willing to let me try Nature Throid. I live in Florida and it was a mission getting it. Today was my first day and I guess I am pretty sensitive to these meds because I had instant energy. No body aches so that's a good sign. What is the best to take this.....I am pretty sensitive. Thanks and I hope my inputs helps anyone going through a NEW Armour nightmare. For me Nature Throids reformulation is pain free. yaaaa.
Most people take dessicated (or anything with T3) 2 x per day.  First thing in the morning is easy. Planning the second dose 1 hour before lunch or 4 hours after can be a challenge sometimes.

Remember, It really takes 6 weeks or more for the full effect of a new med. What makes you feel good this week, could make you hyper the next if you dont know how a med works for you as far as dosing goes.

Make sure free T3 and free T4 is tested while on NT.
I hate to tell you this but Naturethroid went to a different process too - similiar to the Armour thyroid change. In fact, almost identical.

The filler by-component MCC is what's making people less responsive to the NT hormones for hypothyroidism

In the beginning you may find increased wellness but could crash again down the road. If all else fails and this happens. You do have choices besides Canadian thyroid.

There's a compound pharmacy in Indiana that can special make the same as what Old Armour or Canadian thyroid was/is.

Keep in touch - see how this goes and if you are feeling off - let me know,. I can help set you up with more information.
Thanks....will keep you posted. One thing for sure the Armour was giving me instant joint and muscle pain .....tested it by getting off and on. Very weird. I do know about the changes but I did read several sites and comments about the New formulation and it is getting nice reviews. Thank God. STOPTHETHYROIDMADNESS has been following the reformulation issues.....NATURE apparently did add the same fillers but a different molecular cellulose size or something....Hey, No pain. The Armour was -0 in all aspects. I am taking only 1/2 my dose and working myself up. I hope I am one of the ones it works for. Fingers crossed. I will keep you posted. Thanks again.
Hi stella forgot to mention. I did notice instant energy. I cleaned my house...played with my kids etc. It may be inferior to the Old Armour.....But it definately feels nothing like thei New Armour that put me out. new BIG Hug. I am so happy hope it doesnt fade.
Hi Thanks. Will do 2xs a day. Started on Nature throid.....and no pain at all! I HAVE ENERGY!!!!!I have been researching and there are far less complaints about their reformulation. It is similar but the compound is a little different. I guess for people use to the original formulas it "*****" but for me New Armour was poison.....that made me ill and fatigued instantly. I am taking your advice and starting slowly.1/2 my dose 2 per day. My Endo. wanted to start me on the whole dose but I am not taking chances. I feel good! Will keep you posted on progress. Thanks a whole bunch.
Hi just wanted to share what i found the ingredient hanged in the former Nature throid was the methylcellulose (large size cell) the new one is microcrystalized. Still has the cellulose but with better absorption,according tosites like stopthemadness. etc. The complaints seem to be that dosages need to be decreased because of stronger potency in some people and others need increases. I guess that's individual. No complains on bad side affects that the New Armour gave. Hope this helps some.
Hi~
I am on Synthroid/Cytomel, which I hate. I was thinking about trying Naturethroid with Synthroid. You are feeling better on it than armour? Thats great! I might give a try, but not willing to go on it completely because I am on 150 of Synthroid which is a pretty high dose.
Hi. I also switched to from Synthroid/cytomel about a month ago. I did ok on them but my legs were retaining liquid and no weight would come off. Unfortunatly I tried armour and started with a high dose that made me HYPER on the labs also because the synthroid was still in my system.....The armour gave me horrible side affects major fatigue, muscle and joint pain etc. Apparently many people are complaining about it. I had to stop taking everything for a few days and then start the Nature Throid. Just started  2 days ago and felt the difference immediatly. ENERGY, no side affects. STOPTHETHYROIDMADNESS has been tracking people that are switching to Nature or ERFA (the canadian one). So far good reviews. I would wean off the cytomel and start off slowly with the Naturals and your new dose of synthroid. JUST START slowly. And what seems to help me is breaking the dose in 2 morning and early afternoon You may feel you dont need the synthroid anymore once you are stable and your labs look good.  keep me posted goodluck.
Hey, Just went to doc and I am going to try 1 grain Naturethroid and 100 Synthroid.
I am going down from 150 Synthroid and 5 Cytomel. My T3 is still so low, so hope this helps. I will ween down from Synthroid and bump up Naturethroid slowly. I do not want what happened to you to happen...what a nightmare!!! I am glad you are doing better.
What dose were you on for Synthroid???