Thyroid Disorders Community
Waiting for labs....

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Waiting for labs....

I had been taking armour 1.5 GR in the a.m. for approx 6 months when i added 1/2 of .5 GR in the afternoon daily. Everything was good but i was still fatigued so i started to take a whole .5GR daily in addition to my morning pill. Then I started getting chest pains and this strange feeling just below my throat (sometimes painful) so I backed off on the afternoon pill, now I am extremely tired and feel like I can't get a good breath every once in awhile. I had a blood draw yesterday and am waiting to find out the results, meanwhile I'm suffering with these symptoms. Can anyone shed some light on them for me?

And of course, I'm thinking I damaged my heart somehow even though I can still exercise with exertion(although not as much as a month ago). Any thoughts?

Thanks once again!!
Tags: Thyroid
Oh, I also had just started to take a Selenium supplement almost around the same time....
I seriously doubt you did any damage to your heart adding an extra quarter grain.  You might have just gotten your FT3 a bit high for you.  

Have you thought about a more even split between morning and afternoon?  You're taking 1.5 in the a.m. and 0.25 in the p.m., correct?  Perhaps you'd get a more even FT3 level throughout the day splitting it 1.25/0.5 or 1.0/0.75???  Either of those would give you more of a boost in the afternoon without raising your FT3 as much.

How much selenium are you taking?
I'm only taking 200mcg at bedtime of the Selenium.

Can too much FT3 cause the chest pains and the strange feelings right below my collar bone?  I'll let you know what I find out about my labs.

I might try that extra split on my pills.  That kind of math screws with my brain! Haha!;)
I believe 70 mcg is the RDA for selenium.  You can take too much of it.  If you're getting it in your diet as well, you might be careful.  I split 200 mcg tablets in half, take half the first day, half the second and none the third day.

Too much FT3 can definitely cause chest pain (angina).