Thyroid Disorders Community
Weight Loss
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Weight Loss

I was diagnosed with papillary thryoid cancer 2 years ago and had my entire thyroid removed.  After the surgery I wasn't losing any weight or gaining, while eating a healthy diet, so I began an exercise program 3 days a week with a personal trainer.  That was over a year ago.  I haven't lost an ounce.  I am healthier and I've lost almost 3 dress sizes, but no weight.  I know I've gained some muscle; however, will I ever lose the pounds?  
Related Discussions
237249_tn?1211293998
Good question! I'd love to hear what people say on this. I have heard conflicting stories all over the place but my doc seems to think alot of it is attitude??  You, however, sound like you have a great attitude and have been working hard so that does not make sense to me. I had lost 50 lbs prior to my surgery 2 weeks ago and want/plan to keep losing. I am a bit worried about this hindering my progress but will keep working hard even if the scales don't show it... cuz' just as you have said, feeling fitter and seing a change in your body even if not on the scales is worth it. I would think your body is just totally revamping itself and obviously it is reacting in it's own way. Don't get discouraged! Scales are just a number - your body shows the true results!!  Blessings to you!  DarlaLOU
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank