What are the symptoms of Low T3?
My T3 is just below the normal threshhold by .2.  It is the only component of the Thyroid series of tests that is below normal. (None are high.)  I currently have a diagnosis of Fibromyalgia, but have recently (in the past year or so) been experiencing muscular twitches in the hands (mostly Right), and occasionally in other body parts.   Long-standing symptoms of fatigue, weakness, depression, are chronic to nearly constant.  Parathyroid surgery in 2009 removed 2 adenomas, resulting in some relief of some symptoms but not all, and not lasting.  I am currently awaiting results of a brain MRI, and blood work outside of the normal tests.  

Could the muscle twitching be a symptom of low T3?

This discussion is related to parathyroid?.
Please post your exact thyroid test results, and be sure to add reference ranges, since these vary lab to lab and must come from your own report.

Fibromyalgia is a set of unexplained symptoms that often go away with adequate thyroid treatment.
Many people may be diagnosed with Fibromyliga because they don't know what is causing the problems.  Some of these people it is simply being low Thyroid (Hypo) and not being treated for it simply because their lab test show them to be "somewhere" within the normal or reference range.  Many times the Firbo sysmptoms are lessened or eliminated when they are given Thyroid medication.

Not saying this is the case for you. I'm just saying evaluating FULLY thyroid levels and being treated is worth investigating.

many hypothyroid patients need to have their levels WELL up into the range.  In fact many people to get symptom relief need to have their Free T4 to the MIDDLE of the range if not slightly higher AND (that means in addition to) they need their Free T3 to be in the UPPER 1/3 of the range.

Many Dr's will be satisfied and think there is nothing wrong with the thyroid levels at the very low end of the range.  This is NOT true.

If you are only being tested for TSH. Be insistent to get your FREE T4 and FREE T3 hormone levels checked and do not take no for an answer.  If the Dr refuses go find a new Dr.
I get muscle spasms that don't relax when my T3 is low.  Charley horses and they are painful.
You've attached your comments to a very old thread and sarsha is no longer active on the forum, so it's unlikely you'll get a response...