What could a cold nodule be?
I just had my thyroid uptake scan and the doctor said the nodule came out being cold. I havent received the report yet but he is doing a biopsy. Here is my ultrasound report.

The right thyroid measures 4.8 X 1.4 X 1.2cm. The lobe has a somewhat heterogeneous echotexture with normal color flow. A 7mm X 5 X 4mm solid, ill-defined hypoechoic nodule is identified within the anterior mid pole.
Impression is Solid 7mm X 5 X 4mm hypoechoic nodule in the anterior medial midpole of the right thyroid lobe.

Do you think this could be cancer? If not cancer, then what could it be? They tested my anti-bodies for hashi and my thyroid and tests came back perfect. My sed rate is around 50.

Thanks!
I dont have a clue to be honest but I would like to ask you a question, if thats ok..

What made you go for the ultrasound, like could you see the nodule or feel it through the throat???
I have been having a hard time losing weight. I eat only 1000 calories a day and I still gain weight so the doctor sent me to a endo. He felt the goiter right away and send me for the ultrasound.
Two years ago I had a multinodular thyroid diagnosed.  Two main nodules measuring 1.5cm and 1.9.  I had them scanned and they were cold.  I had them biopsied and they were benign.  My doc has been monitoring them.  Until recent my numbers have been fine.  Now my numbers are a little off and my ultrasound has shown growth so I am having an uptake scan next week.  My dr. thinks I am heading into hyper and thinks the nodules are starting to interfere with thyroid function.  50% of people have thyroid nodules and obviously most people do not know it.  Usually they wait until the nodule is 1 cm before they biopsy it.  No need to worry..
At the moment Im getting worried, I have hashimotos but the anti bodies that are elevated are the cancer causing ones... thyroglobulin antibodies! Im getting throbbing sore thraot and finding it hard to swallow food at times. Doc isn't taking me serious though!
In 2007 I had a thyroidectomy. Prior to having it, I had several scans and biopsies. I had thyroid nodules on both sides. My doc told me they were cold of course I asked what he was talking about, and he said they were not cancerous.  I was followed for over 10 years, and when they started growing, I had to have them removed. I believe it is a good thing that your nodules are cold.