Thyroid Disorders Community
What do all these low levels mean... Low vitamin D, b12, PTH, and sex h...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

What do all these low levels mean... Low vitamin D, b12, PTH, and sex hormone bind globulin

Can anyone interpret this?  I have a low sex hormone bind globulin (17 on a scale of 18-114).  I also have a low PTH (6 on a scale of 7-80) and low vitamin d and b12.  I also have low progesterone (.2) and low Estradiol (42).  What does all this mean?
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
620923_tn?1416285879
Sorry I can't interpret it for u , but I recently was told about low levels on vit D,B12.....I am on a multi vit,plus a vit B12 and finished a rx vit D..with additional labs showed my D back where it should be.
I found out that possibly the fact I worked indoors and never say the light of day may have contributed to the low levels...my dr told me to try and spend 15 mins a day without burning to help.....I do not know what else is going on with u physically.....didn't ur dr explain any of this???
I am sure there is someone on here that can be more helpful.

Good luck
Godspeed
"selma"
Blank
Yeah.  My doctor is great.  I have just been sick for a long time and was trying to see if anyone had anything similar going on.  I had a lot of test results and these were the ones that I was confused about.  Thanks for the suggestions.  I am taking B12 injections and vitamin d everyday.  Thanks.
Blank
620923_tn?1416285879
..U r welcome.........I hope someone with something similar....relys soon.

"selma'
Blank
Bind Globulin SHBG, can be affected by high levels of insulin. Any family history of diabetes? This just means your body doesn't make enough SHBG to trigger the production of sex hormones as fast as most people.

The low PTH can be responsible for low vitamin D. As your kidney needs PTH to make active vitamin D. Fix Hypothyroid, and fix the vitamin D problem.

As far as Vitamin B12, you can take a vitamin B12 Complex Pill each morning, they will help you be less fatigued and tired if you are.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank