Thyroid Disorders Community
What do these blood test results mean?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

What do these blood test results mean?

It says;
Thyroid panel with TSH, 3rd generation thyroid panel.

T3 uptake, in range, 31, reference range: 22-35%
T4 (thyroxine), total in range, 6.6, reference range: 4.5-12.0 mcg/dL
Free T4 index (T7), in range 2.0,  reference range: 1.4-3.8
TSH, 3rd generation out of range 0.33 L reference range mIu/L

I have no clue what it means or even if the way I posted it is the correct way. But if anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.
The new ranges for TSH are .30-3.0. Apparently your lab is still using outdated ranges, as so many do. That is why it is up to your doctor to know how to read thyroid labs. Most do not know how. The total's are outdated and not used except to find out how much hormone is bound. The Free T4 and T3 are the active thyroid hormone in your body. Your Free T4 is absolutely fine and not at hyper range. Your TSH may look low, but not because of your thyroid levels. It would have been nice to see where your Free T3 is at.
I would ask for a retest of TSH, Free T3 and Free T4 in 6 months.
Maybe a more important question is:

What symptoms are you having and why did they prompt the Thyroid tests in the first place?

Your Free T4 is only slightly below mid range so as stated above that would indicate a pretty OK level for most people.

There is no test listed for the Free T3.  It is possible for some people to have great T4 numbers like you but still be Hypothyroid because the T3 is low.  In those cases it is usually because a person has trouble converting the T4 into T3.  And it is the T3 that the body actually uses.  T4 is just laying around in "storage" in the bloodstream awaiting to be converted into T3 (mainly in the liver).  And it is the T3 that does all the work.

So if you are feeling fine, there really isn't a need to have more testing done.  If on the other hand you have symptoms, then that is another story.  Please tell us your symptoms and that will help us out with what you may be experiences or things to try or to talk to with your Dr.