What does it mean (High MPV)
I have a question for anyone that can answer it.

What does it mean when you have a MPV of 13 and above for the past two years? I requested my medical records and was thumbing through them and kept coming across the lab results and they always had the MPV level flagged as high, but i have never been told anything about it. Since my doctor never said anything does it mean it is nothing to worry about.
898
Mean platelet volume is the size of the platelets. The higher the MPV the larger the platelet size and the lower the MPV the smaller the platelets. High MPV can cause a person to be at a higher risk for strokes and heart attacks. Low MPV can cause a person to be at risk for bleeding problems (too much bleeding that is slow to stop). There are some natural anti coagulants that help lower MPV blood like flax seed oil and fish oil.
Thanks for the reply.

I will look into flax seed oil and fish oil.
what were your exact MPV values (like how much did it vary between tests)? what was your platelet count values? Thanks