Thyroid Disorders Community
What is a normal tsh level in pregnancy?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

I was wondering what a normal tsh level you should have in pregnancy? I'm now 24 weeks pregnant and my tsh is 3.4 and my t4 is 11.61. Lab range for tsh is 0.27-4.3 and t4 12-22.
I'm taking 50 mcg snythroid is that enough or should my dosage be increased. Knowing my doctor she will probably stick with 50 mcg, because from the lab range I'm normal, but I have read that 0.3-3.0 is the new tsh level range and to have a healthy pregnancy it should be between 1-2.
I hope to hear from you and some of your personal experience.
Thank-you for your time

The consultant I was seeing said if I get pregnant I have to raise my medication as your body needs more thyroid hormones when pregnant.   I think you should raise your medication but please talk to your doctor first.

Best wishes

Jo