Thyroid Disorders Community
What is an irregular shaped nodule?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

What is an irregular shaped nodule?

If your nodule size is 0.8x1.0x0.6 does this mean it's irregular in size, or is that just the dimensions? Please answer!
Just means it is not a sphere...not unusual.  the real thing that matters is if it has irregular borders, i.e., is it jagged edged?  Yours looks more like a football...that is fine.  Round, oval, as long as it has a nice round shape... probably nothing.  It is big enough for a biopsy, though.  I would ask for a biopsy.
Thank you so much MANmom. I'm so glad you answered!! Yes biopsy def the next step! Thanks again!!!!!