What is everyones dosage of Armour after total thyroidectomy?
I had a TT on May 18th and my only complaint is that my voice is much weaker now, I hope it gets better.  I have switched to an all natural way of living such as eating organic foods and taking vitamin and herbal supplements so I only wanted to be on Armour after the surgery but my doctor gave me a dosage of 120mg starting on day 5 after surgery, I did some research on the Armour web site before I took it and they suggest 15 to 30mg to start and add 15mg per week until TSH is normal. I did not want to start at a whopping 120mg so I started at 15mgthen added 15mg and today I took 60mg. My TSH was 3.5 when I started on the Armour but I will not have it tested again for about 3 weeks, so all I have to go on is how I feel which is very tired but can't sleep at night. What dosage did any of you start on and what did you go up to to feel good?
DId you have cancer?  I just had a TT on Wednesday and haven't started any meds but I hear that if it was cancer, you are given more to supress the TSH at first so there is less of a chance of the cancer coming back.
Cancer was the reason for the TT but then after results came back I did not have cancer after all.