Thyroid Disorders Community
What would cause a false blood reading for hypothyroidism
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

What would cause a false blood reading for hypothyroidism

I'am a 33yr. old male in good physical condition and was diagnosed with hypothyroidism 1yr. ago but do not have any of the symtoms (symptoms) actually the opposite I was given script for 50mcg. of thyroxine 1 a day but never took any what will hapen if i don't take the meds is there any thing that could of caused the blood test to be wrong and is there any other tests tyhat are more accurate?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Please post your thyroid test results and their reference ranges shown on the lab report so that members can give you the best response.  
Blank
499534_tn?1328707778
I would also like to add that you should also ask your doctor to retest you in 6 weeks to see if it was a false reading, that way you will not have any doubt. If you are hypo, then you will want to take the medicine prescribed so your body can normalize and heal. As Gimel stated above: get copies of your labs and post them here so we can take a look. :)
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank