Thyroid Disorders Community
What would cause a false blood reading for hypothyroidism

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

I'am a 33yr. old male in good physical condition and was diagnosed with hypothyroidism 1yr. ago but do not have any of the symtoms (symptoms) actually the opposite I was given script for 50mcg. of thyroxine 1 a day but never took any what will hapen if i don't take the meds is there any thing that could of caused the blood test to be wrong and is there any other tests tyhat are more accurate?
Please post your thyroid test results and their reference ranges shown on the lab report so that members can give you the best response.  
I would also like to add that you should also ask your doctor to retest you in 6 weeks to see if it was a false reading, that way you will not have any doubt. If you are hypo, then you will want to take the medicine prescribed so your body can normalize and heal. As Gimel stated above: get copies of your labs and post them here so we can take a look. :)