What's normal when you have no pituitary gland?
Since my pituitary gland was removed 1/08 I've been struggling with low energy. I'm taking medications for low cortisol and low testosterone but that hasn't solved the problems. I have all the symptoms of hypothyroidism but the endocrinologist says my blood tests are normal. For example: latest test 4/29/08,  TSH- 2.87 (0.34-5.60),  T3total- 71.2 (87.0-178),  freeT4- 0.70 (0.6-1.1). I do agree that the T4 is in the normal range but I've read that when a patient is dealing with multiple deficiencies it's best to increase the T4  to the upper third of the normal range. Can anyone confirm or dispute that information ?
I am having exactly the same problem.  My physician now wants to decrease the thyroid medication dosage.  I am certain I will now be in bed 24 hrs. a day!  Please keep me informed with your results.  Thanks.
My mom had her pituitary gland removed back in late 90's and she is still living and breathing, but she has had a rough road. She goes to Vanderbilt Hospital in Nashville, TN. They have been very good at keeping her feeling the best they can. She takes a lot of medications and a growth hormone everyday to live. She stays in the bed a lot but does have some good days. We were told her tumor was the largest ever removed at Vanderbilt. They said then that the only other patient that lived after the surgery she had lived 38 days or something. I have recently read about it a little more. Not sure what I believe.
Hi Dan, I am also a patient of post operational pituitary macro adenoma and its now 8 years after surgery. I am pretty normal, with 125mcg of levothyroxine, 15 mg of hydrocortisone. From the last two years, I felt really very tired and fatigue. I asked my doc, she asked me to take Florinef and DHEA and this help me a lot. I feel really very energetic now a days and also able to do so much work. Ask to your doctor. Be happy :-)
Hasn't anyone suggested Human Growth Hormone?  It gave me back my life.
You've attached your comment to a very old thread and none of the previous posters are currently active on the forum, so it's unlikely, you will get a response. I'm glad you're doing well.