What's this tight feeling in my neck after surgery
I had a partial thyroidectomy done on 5/1/08. It's been 2 1/2 months and I still feel like there is something stuck in my throat. I believe all of the swelling went down. My scar looks good. I had the left lobe taken out and I can feel my throat on that side. It also feels as through I have less skin on my neck. I can't tilt my head back like I used to before surgery. Anyone know what I am talking about?
Can anyone relate to this?
Didn't anyone's neck insides feel different after their partial/total thyroidectomy? I have read of complaints. Wanted to know if anyone in this forum has the same problem.
Mine felt oddly tight for quite a while..Probably a couple of months. I did some gentle stretching and it seemed to help. After my 2nd surgery I had the same problem....now 7 months later and I haven't even noticed any problems. I think the skin takes a while to re-locate and settle down. It's not like a zipper, sigh.......Yes, I can feel my oesophagus too more so than I did before. That's because the thyroid acts as a cushion against it. It's a feeling I don't like but better than a cancer!
Thanks for your comment. I thought I was the only one here experiencing this. You think I should mention this to my Endo when I see him next month?
I had my thyroid removed in October 2013, it is now 2 days from March 2014 and I still have a hoarse voice, no range in my voice when I try to sing and my neck feels tight across the front where the scar is and when I hold my head down it feels like something is blocking my neck.  Does anyone know why this is?  I am getting very concerned.
I have this same feeling, 6 months after total thyroidectomy.  It feels like if I look down that it aggravates something and I have a lump feeling in my throat.  What did you find out about yours?  
Anyone else having this problem?