When can I have coffee
How soon after taking synthroid can I have coffee?  I have been just avoiding food for one hour.
What do you think?
From what I've read, you can have black coffee (no cream).  
I take my Synthroid with my morning coffee .. cream and sugar .. Endo didn't have a problem with it .. however I am strict about no food for at least 1/2- 1hr after taking the med.  I think that if you do the cream in the coffee thing and are consistently doing it even if it affects the absorption by alittle bit it won't make a big deal bcz you do it everyday and your dosing will be adjusted on comparable patterns .. but if some days you do and some you don't .. it may not reflect conditions the same day upon day and alter the meds needed.  Just my opinion as a patient who takes synthroid and not medically documented at all!

Cheryl
I take mine with coffe too.I just dont eat for an hour. enjoy your joe.I given up everything els but I am NOT giving up my coffee. LOL
Love Venora
I don't eat or drink for two hours (endo recommended) then have anything I want.  I set the alarm to take med at about 5am so I can have coffee after 7am.  I'm addicted to coffee, it's my last hold out but I too won't give it up.  Well, maybe my insane routine is also a last hold out!
I was reading the REALLY LONG paper inside my synthroid sample pack (I just started this journey on Wednesday, and yes, there are more interesting reads out there!) and it said that absorption is better on an empty stomach and at least 1/2 hour before eating.
In my opinion--I'm not a doctor, but I play one on the internet<<insert tongue in cheek--drink your coffee & enjoy!  I'm finding there are a lot o' carbs & fun stuff we need to cut down on as it is!!!

~!~
The key is to do the same thing day in and day out.  If you have a cup of coffee with your synthroid then make sure that you do it the same each time so your meds can be adjusted to your absorption.  If the cream blocks a bit of absorption it can be compensated with slightly increased levels of meds.  Enjoy your coffee - many of us practically need it to survive.  Well, that and our thyroid meds.  :-)
YAY!~!! I was afraid to see these replies. I love coffee-and synthroid
I had major problems taking my synthroid in the morning because I practically need a cup of coffee in my hand before I can even step out of bed. I never knew how long to wait and found I would choose coffee over synthroid and mess up my med cycle. I started taking my medication at night, right before bed and find that I have even better absorption (TSH went down). Ask your doctor - this might be an option for you.  And have a look at this article (it's hardly scientific, but it points you to some studies):

http://thyroid.about.com/od/thyroiddrugstreatments/a/bedtime.htm
forgot to add: many studies confirm that coffee DOES interfere with synthroid absorption.

here is just one:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18341376?dopt=Citation