Thyroid Disorders Community
Who's sleepy after eating lunch

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Who's sleepy after eating lunch

Anyone on thyroid meds getting sleepy after eating their lunch? I just ate and I could lay my head down on this desk right now. It seems to happen everyday since I have been on the meds. Been taking them for 2 months now.
Could there be a connection?
Oh yeah.....

My Endo put me on a diet that incorporates a combination of carbs and proteins.  It helps:)
I was wondering how long it would take somebody to reply to this question. What, was everybody taking their siesta? LOL...
I could sleep for hours after eating lunch.

Ok to sleep on the job, just wear some headphones so others in the office don't bother you hee-hee.....wouldn't that be nice if it was true?
Before my TT I was always tired after eating any meal. Then I thought it wouldn't happen anymore after the TT.....uh uh! Big fat mistake of the brain! STILL happens 7 months on! My naturopath said it was due to blood sugar levels falling quickly, and I believe him. I do try to eat less quick release of energy foods, helps but I still get quite vague and stare-bear eyes.
As stated above. I high protein - very low carb diet help alot. Eliminate sugars and caffiene.

It does make a world of difference.

Thanks for the input. Let's see how I do today.