Thyroid Disorders Community
Wondering

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Wondering

I had a uptake scan in 2002 and the uptake was 15%.  In the normal range but borderline.  I have continued to get very sick and have severe osteperosis and much more including adenoma of pituitary but small.  I just finished an ultrasound of the thyroid and was told I need to have a fine needle biopsy.  The scan showed the nodoule in question to be solid and complex.  My question is what does complex mean.  Should I be concerned. It also says something of nodules inside of nodule.  What does that mean.   I want to have further testing done on pituitary first because of frequent urination and thirst.  My aunt has diabetes insipidus.  I am very concerned of this connection and do not want to jump into treating the thyroid if needed before ruling out hypopituitary.  I am very sick and do not want to make things any worse.  He did not do testing for this even though this is one of my major complaints.  Frequent urination and thirst.  It shows no hormone testing for ADH or ACTH.   My nurse practishioner thought in the past my complaints of thirst and urination was because I had a borderline sugar problem going on.  I do not believe it is this.  Sugar was never involved 6 years ago on testing and these were my symptoms then.  Should I push for more pituitary test before tackling the thyroid issues. Please advise.