Worried about voice
Hi everyone.  I am the lucky sister-in-law of chitchatnine.  If it was for her I would be dead.  Had my thyroid removed last Thursday because of two masses each over 3cm each.  The masses were choking me.  Anyway, when they went in they found out I only had 1/2 thyroid.  The right side was so big it stretched across the fron and moved to the left side.  Only the 2nd one my surgeon has ever seen.  Anyway, feeling better but wondering about voice.  When does it come back? It still is very hoarse and soft. Also the roof of the mouth is all bruised - hurts like heck.  Well, thanks for your comments and keep chitchatnine in your prayers with what she is goig through.
I am sooo glad you got that thing out.MIne was doing the same thing.Your voice will come backJust give it some time.
So there was no cancer?I keep all my thyroid buddies in prayer.
Bless you and chitchatnine.She has been so inspirational to me.
Rest and heal
Love Venora
Hey there .. I know you!!!!  I am honored to have helped you with getting your thyroid taken care of and it still amazes me that we both had the same surgery done within 6 weeks of each other!

I have no idea on the bruising ?  Maybe from the tube .. somebody may have missed ?  Just an off-the-wall thought?  Wonder what others here may think or have experienced.

This is a great forum ..... so glad to see your post, but sorry .. no advice on the voice .. my kids (your nieces and nephew) say it didn't affect my yelling at them .. mine is loud and clear :::: wink wink :::

Venora:   thanks .. you have helped me soooo much too!

C~
I had a total TT 2 years ago and they paralyzed my left vocal chord.  Two years later people tell me my voice is mostly back, maybe a little softer.  The body is truly amazing.  My ENT said the right vocal chord would compensate for the left and he was right.  Unfortuately as in all things, it just takes time.
Welcome.  We've heard about you.  :-)  I'm *so* glad you got that monster taken out.

I'm with Cheryl on the bruising in your mouth - it would have to be from the intubation.  Punch that anesthesiologist if you see him/her again.  :-)

As for the voice.  I'm one of six in my family who have had the same surgery (see, you and Cheryl aren't alone!) and only one had the voice problems.  It happened to be the one who teaches Jr. High school.  :-(  Anyway, it came back slowly but took roughly a year.  Now she can out yell a 13-year old boy.  :-)

I'm glad you are on line.  Get better soon.  Do you have your pathology report???
Lack of voice and hoarness is from the tub primarily, but also the surgery since the thyroid had crossed over to the left side. Should be back in about 3 weeks.  Darn, can't yell at hubby. PATHOLOGY REPORT IN!  NEGATIVE for Cancer.  Just two very very large nodules, both over 3.5cm each.  Now I have turkey neck - wobbling with nothing to hold the skin in place. Thanks to you all who speak, as I have watched your comments preparing myself for the surgery and dealing with the after-effects.  It's great to have a place to chat with people that are like you.  First check on levels is Friday.
Cancer-free final pathology .. AWESOME!!!  Sorry to hear it'll be a few more weeks until voice is better ....

Doing the HaPpY DaNcE here for you on the final pathology .. I am so so happy no cancer and that the huge nodules "monster" is out of you for good!!!!

Now, I heard your scar is healing beautifully ... want to send some of those "healing scar" vibes to me?

Let us know on first lab results .. will be hoping the TSH is doing ok!!!

C~
Yea!!!   I'm so glad your pathology was negative!  It's all good that you joined our Double Smile club but we're full up in the ThyCa club so I'm glad you didn't decide to join!

Hugs to you and your wonderful sister-in-law!!